TurboLaw Time and Billing version 3.04 has just been released, and this new version is chock-full of new features and improved functions. Perhaps the biggest change is that we’ve added the ability to set custom bill/invoice numbers - something that many of you have requested and that we’ve wanted to do for some time. Now, you can set the number of a new bill or invoice to whatever you want (so long as there isn’t already a bill or invoice with that number already).
Additionally, once you set a bill number, future bill numbers will automatically be incremented from that point on – for example, if you set a bill number of “1000,” then the next bill you create will be “1001,” even if you don’t set it yourself. This allows you to set your “starting” bill number and then let TurboLaw Time and Billing take care of automatically numbering bills from there.
Other major new features and improvements in this version include:
Additionally, we made the following minor changes and improvements:
- Improved client notes by adding an “Add Timestamp” button
- Added an option to “group by date” for reports
- Fixed a minor issue with the drop-down box for clients and staff in the “Enter Time” window which caused it to auto-select the 2nd entry if and only if there were 2 entries in the drop-down box
- Fixed a minor issue that could cause the wrong database to be opened if you used the “Merge from TurboLaw Time and Billing” option twice in a row
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause certain kinds of payments to be duplicated when merging database files under very specific circumstances