TurboLaw Time and Billing Version 3.06 has just been released, bringing with it a number of major new features based on feedback we’ve received from users. This new version includes a much-requested feature addition: the ability to automatically create multiple bills at once (e.g., to create a batch of bills all at once with a single click). Another much-requested feature is the ability to generate statements for individual matters (instead of only being able to generate statements for a client’s account overall, including all matters).
Other new features and improvements include:
- An improved interface for entering time in hours:minutes:seconds format
- Improved accessibility for screen readers and for keyboard use
- Added the “Unbilled Total” and “Client Balance” amounts to the file created when exporting clients
- Added new methods for selecting and showing clients (or matters) when creating statements, including the option to show only active or inactive clients (or matters)
- Added the ability to do bulk editing (e.g., make changes to multiple items at once) for time entries, expense entries, and payments
- Added right-click context menus to all list windows
- Fixed an issue where inactive clients would appear in drop-down boxes when they shouldn’t
- Changed the “this is an active client” checkbox to a button on the toolbar so it is more visible and easy to find
- Changed the “this is an active staff member” checkbox to a button on the toolbar so it is more visible and easy to find
- Added a field to the “Edit Client” window to show a client’s retainer amount (for easy reference)
- Fixed an issue that prevented adding a discount to a brand-new (unsaved) bill
- Fixed an issue that caused unnecessary “do you want to save your changes” prompts in the “Edit Client” window
- When clicking “Save & New” for a client, the cursor will now go back to the “First name” field (for easy entry of a new client)
This new version is available now and will automatically be installed (unless you’ve turned off automatic updates). We hope you enjoy all these new features, and thank you for choosing TurboLaw Time and Billing!